Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Screenplay and Casting

On Tuesday Brian Strasmann came to our Pre Production class to discuss how to get started with a screenplay idea.

   

I've already taken his Screenwriting class and am familiar with his 4 page treatment handout. So I've already taken my script and gotten the body of it fleshed out. Now I need to go in and polish the idea in a fully realized form. Brian also plans to come sit in on the casting session we are having for the class in a few weeks.

On Thursday Varlow Davenport came to our Pre Production class to discuss casting.



He gave everyone an idea of what it was like being an actor and going to the casting call. Varlow walked us through the process from an actors point of view and then told us what the plan was for the casting call we are to hold for the class.

I just need to get that polish on my script done and I should be ready for the casting call. I'm excited to see who I can find to play the parts I have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment